Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
24. Fausta’s Blog – If you want to keep track of what matters to lovers of liberty in Latin America, it’s Puerto Rican-born Fausta Wertz’s cornucopia of political, economic, and foreign policy information and commentary about south of the border, with a dose of New Jersey state current events thrown in (she has lived in Princeton forever). No surprise hers was the go-to site when President Obama announced plans to normalize relations with Communist Cuba — “No, Cuba is not China. No, you can’t have free markets without free peoples” — but she is also the handiest source for the latest on Colombia’s FARC guerillas or disguised Chinese backing of a proposed Nicaraguan canal.
44. Virginia Right!- As Newsmax’s Joe Schaeffer reported last June, only Virginia Right! editor Tom White delivered “an eerily precise post” predicting the stunning primary defeat of then-House Majority Leader Eric Cantor by Dave Brat. White’s blog continues to prove that “all politics is local” isn’t just a catchphrase; the local knowledge of politics is no longer restricted to local bosses and operatives, thanks to Internet-facilitated people power.
Hearty Congrats to both of ’em..Council Akbar!!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week …
- Joshuapundit–Rise And Shine – Some Thoughts For The New Year
- The Noisy Room – Europe Braces Itself For Terrorism As Germany And Other Countries Experience Sexual Jihad Firsthand From Rapefugees
- The Right Planet – Breaking Red: The Truth about Dalton Trumbo and the Hollywood Ten
- Fausta’s Blog – Mexico: El Chapo’s notes from underground, VIDEO
- Nice Deb – Video: FBI Probe Into Clinton Emails Expanded To Look Into Clinton Foundation Malfeasance
- VA Right! – Bill Bolling: A Case Study in Classic Delusional RINO-ism
- Puma By Design – Obama Campaigning for Next Job – Leader of the New World Order
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Saudi Arabia Is The Next Syria
- The Razor – What Amazon Prime’s Transparent Teaches About Feminism
- The Independent Sentinel – Democrats Invite Terror-Tied Islamists to the State of the Union to Send a Message
- Bookworm Room – Obama’s Middle Eastern policy is a bad replay of Woodrow Wilson’s post WWI efforts (and we know how that ended)
- The Glittering Eye –These Are Our Political Leaders
- The Pirate’s Cove – Lonely Conservative
Cult Of Climastrology Members Now Tattooing Themselves With Their Birth Year CO2 Level
- Gates Of Vienna – Truths About the Refugee Crisis
- Daily Caller – Father Of Benghazi Victim Challenges Hillary To Lie Detector Test [VIDEO]
- Blazing Cat Fur – Germany Had Planned “Please Don’t Rape Our Women Classes” Prior To Rapefugee Rapefest
- Roger L. Simon – In Your Heart, You Know He’s Right: Trump and Muslim Immigration submitted by Joshuapundit
- Mark Steyn –Notes on a Phenomenon submitted by The Noisy Room
- Dana Loesch – A Thorough Fisking of Obama’s Executive Orders on Gun Control submitted by The Right Planet
- Richard Fernandez/PJ Media – Stand by for Collision submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- John Schindler/NY Observer –Hillary’s EmailGate Goes Nuclear submitted by Nice Deb
- Breitbart – Marco Rubio: I ‘Absolutely’ Support Tuition Discounts For Illegal Alienssubmitted by VA Right!
- Project Veritas –Undercover in Common Core: Executive Says “I hate kids, it’s all about the money” submitted by Puma By Design
- Jesse Rosenfeld/Daily Beast – Russia Is Arming Hezbollah submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Jeremy Choate/Zero Hedge – One American’s Rage Spills Over: Dear Liberal… Here’s Why I’m So Hostile submitted by The Razor
- Sultan Knish–The Tribal War With Islam submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Kevin Williamson/NRO–Mrs. Clinton Is Professor Clicksubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Elizabeth Price Foley/Instapundit – Is Ted Cruz a Natural Born U. S. Citizen? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Benjamin Weingarten/ City Journal – See No Islam, Hear No Islam submitted by The Watcher
- Campus Reform – USC students required to detail sexual history before registering for classes submitted by The Watcher