Floating above reality and full of hot air…
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
First and foremost, we have a very special day to celebrate … Terresa Monroe-Hamilton of The Noisy Room’s birthday!!!! Now, the actual day was Sunday, but these parties take awhile to arrange properly with our Council schedule sometimes, and I certainly didn’t want to hold it when we were naming the week’s weasels … so today’s the party.
Now this one looks rather scrumptious, no? It’s a rich German Chocolate cake covered with a secret custom pecan filling and crushed oreos.
We’ll have some Louis Roederer Cristal Brut I think, in honor of the occasion:
And a song from a certain troubadour, dedicated to our birthday girl:
And yes, my dear Mrs. Hamilton … you truly are among the young at heart, with all the passion, generosity of spirit and grace that implies.
Happy Birthday, Terresa. Many, many more.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week …
- The Noisy Room – Cuba Trolls America’s Left for Spies
- The Independent Sentinel – Your child’s school might be pushing Zinn’s Marxist view of US history
- The Right Planet – The Immigration Nightmare
- Joshuapundit–Defeating The Islamic State
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Von Kluck’s Turn
- The Glittering Eye –Second Term Foreign Policy
- The Razor – It’s Jews All The Way Down
- VA Right! – Bob McDonnell Guilty on 11 Counts, Maureen Guilty on 9 Counts
- Nice Deb – Ward Churchill Still Crazy After All These Years (Video)
- Bookworm Room – Book Review — Bing West’s “One Million Steps : A Marine Platoon at War”
- The Colossus of Rhodey – As a life-long Rams fan, I say this is patently ridiculous
- Simply Jews – Who said about ISIS: ‘We Don’t Have a Strategy Yet’? Or – on importance of being Earnest.
- Rhymes With Right – A Miracle Occurs — I Agree With Keith Olbermann!
- Ask Marion – Megyn Kelly Takes On Ward Churchill: How Can You Compare 9/11 Victims to Nazis?
- The Political Commentator – Defeating Islamic extremists: Thinking outside of the box for a solution!
- The Pirate’s Cove – When It Comes To Obama’s New Climate Rules, Guess Who Wins The Most?
- Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage Mag –It’s Time to Kick ISIS Members Out of America submitted by The Noisy Room
- Doug Ross –National Labor Relations Board Ruling to Destroy Franchised Businesses… For the Children submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Conservative Hideout 2.0 – A Primer on Successfully Combating the Alinsky Method submitted by The Right Planet
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama’s Untruth, Inc. submitted by Joshuapundit
- Siobhan O’Grady/Foreign Policy – Middle East Comedians Respond to Islamic State Violence With Black Humor submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Other McCain – Is Rachel @Maddow’s Haircut Waging War Against Heteronormative Patriarchy? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Blazing Cat Fur –Guardian: ‘ISIS jihadis aren’t medieval – they are shaped by modern western philosophy’ submitted by The Razor
- Canada Free Press – Estimates of the Social Cost of Carbon-Driven “Consensus” Global Warming submitted by VA Right!
- Quin Hillyer/NRO –Obama Outed: If Only submitted by Nice Deb
- Danny Lemieux/American Thinker–Our Defining Crisis submitted by Bookworm Room
- Kim Strassel/WSJ – Alaska’s ‘Native Son’—On Thin Ice submitted by The Watcher
- Michael Totten – Don’t Cooperate with Assad submitted by The Watcher
- Stuart Rothenberg – I am now expecting a substantial Republican Senate wave submitted by The Watcher
- Stephen Hayes/Weekly Standard – Al Qaeda Wasn’t ‘on the Run’ submitted by The Watcher