The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“If I have learned one thing from life, it is that race is the engine that drives the political Left. When all else fails, that segment of America goes to the default position of using race to achieve its objectives. In the courtrooms, on college campuses, and, most especially, in our politics, race is a central theme. Where it does not naturally rise to the surface, there are those who will manufacture and amplify it.” – Ward Connerly
“..Liberals see racism where it doesn’t exist, fabricate it when they can’t find it and ignore it within their own ranks.” – Michelle Malkin
“Since neither black animosity nor the Left’s falsehood of “racial tensions” is based on the actual behavior of the vast majority of white Americans, nothing white America can do will affect the perceptions of many black Americans or of the leftist libel.” – Dennis Prager
This week’s winner,Joshuapundit’s Blackgammon: Eric Holder Plays the Game in Ferguson is my contention that the Obama Administration’s obsession with the Michael Brown shooting has little to do with justice, civil rights, or ultimately even with Michael Brown himself. Here’s a slice:
Backgammon, on the surface, is a pretty straight forward game. You roll the dice and move your pieces. But beneath that seeming openness are hidden strategies that may only reveal themselves later.
Today, Eric Holder traveled in person to Ferguson, Missouri, where the Aug. 9 shooting of black teen& Michael Brown by white Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson during an altercation has sparked massive violence, looting, protests and media coverage.
Holder’s version of the game was revealed as he made his moves today in Ferguson.Ostensibly he was there to oversee the massive Federal investigation of the Brown shooting with the goal of trying to arraign Officer Darren Williams on civil rights charges should the St. Louis County Grand jury fail to charge him with murder ala’ George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case in Florida. But this was essentially a campaign stop at government expense.
Read his remarks here and note the parts I’ve emphasized:
“I am the Attorney General of the United States, but I am also a black man,” Holder told Ferguson residents at a community meeting. “I can remember being stopped on the New Jersey turnpike on two occasions and accused of speeding. Pulled over. … ‘Let me search your car’ … Go through the trunk of my car, look under the seats and all this kind of stuff. I remember how humiliating that was and how angry I was and the impact it had on me.”
“The eyes of the nation and the world are watching Ferguson right now,” Holder told a group of community leaders assembled at a local community college. “The world is watching because the issues raised by the shooting of Michael Brown predate this incident. This is something that has a history to it, and the history simmers beneath the surface in more communities than just Ferguson.”
Let’s translate this, shall we?
“See Y’all, I’m black just like you are and that comes first before anything. So I understand your totally justified rage and anger against the white power structure. It’s them that are on trial, not just a police officer although he’ll do as a symbol ofeverything you feel whitey and the police have done to you over the years.That white power structure, you know, those white Republican Tea Partyers have always oppressed you,and this is just the latest outrage. I understand that, and that police officer looks just like them so they’re going to try to protect him. But since we’re in charge, we’re going to do our very best to see that you get what you want. Because remember, I’m black and I look like you and so does the president, so you all need to vote Democrat in November to make sure we stay in charge.”
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was former AP Middle East correspondent Matti Friedman writing in Tablet magazine with An Insider’s Guide to the Most Important Story on Earth submitted by Joshuapundit submitted by Joshuapundit. The ‘most important story on earth’ is Friedman’s satirical way of referring to media coverage of Israel, and he gives you an insider’s view of exactly how this story is twisted, propagandized and misrepresented by the media..and more importantly, why. Some of the reasons will astound you.
ANNOUNCEMENT:Starting next week, the Watcher’s Council is adding an exciting new feature!
Every Tuesday, the members of the Council will nominate a Weasel of the Week..some public figure who merits special singling out for ignominy, stupidity, cowardice, corruption or just a particularly evil deed. The Council members will provide a short explanation for their choices, and the nominations and explanations on why each choice is worthy of being singled out for special attention will appear Tuesday morning.
We’ll vote, (we’re working on making this public so you can weigh in) and every Thursday the winner of our own special Mark of Shame, The Weasel of the Week will be highlighted in all his or her putrid, despicable glory. Who will it be?
Don’t miss it!
OK, here are this week’s full results. Both GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD and The Razor were unable to vote this week, but neither were subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 votes!Joshuapundit–Blackgammon: Eric Holder Plays the Game in Ferguson
- Second place with 2 votes – Bookworm Room – A very funny video about American blacks that highlights the horrible thing mainstream American culture has done to them
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room – China Conducts Provocative Aerial Buzz On American Military Aircraft
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –The Right Planet – Noose Tightening On Jihadi John
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Razor – Dawkins Advocates Abortion of Gays, Blondes and Brits
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote –The Independent Sentinel – They want our guns while giving submachine guns to the USDA
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – Turkey – ISIS – US – a tough love/hate triangle for State Department
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! – Obama’s Foreign Policy is Libertarian Lite
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Glittering Eye –Not As Simple As Black and White
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – Grand Jury That Indicted Rick Perry Was Stacked With Partisan Democrats
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Matti Friedman/Tablet – An Insider’s Guide to the Most Important Story on Earth submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – David Horowitz/ Red State –The Hell That Is The Obama White House submitted by Nice Deb
- Third place with 2 votes – Mark Steyn –The Face Of The Tiger submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place with 1 vote –The Elder Of Ziyon – Yaacov Lozowick’s short defense of Israel at Mondoweiss submitted by Simply Jews
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Freedom Outpost – There is a Time to Hate & a Time for War submitted by The Right Planet
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Paul Sanders/The National Interest – Barack Obama Is Not a Realist submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Jay Sekulow/FOX – IRS scandal: Obama administration strategy = delay, derail, deceive submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Russell Crandall/The American Interest – US Entering New Era of Dirty Wars? submitted by The Razor
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Doug Ross@Journal – Randall Stevens — Hollywood’s Secret Love Affair with Islamofascism submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Discriminations – Unconscious Devotion To Colorblindness submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – New America – When Local Police Become a “Standing Army” submitted by VA Right!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Mark Lavie/The Tower– Why Everything Reported from Gaza is Crazy Twisted submitted by Bookworm Room
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Jonah Goldberg/NRO – The West’s Gaza submitted by The Watcher
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day and weigh in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that!