Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
First off, a little inspirational music for our friends Garry and Terresa:
Happy landings, you two!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Celebrities Love Social Media … Except When They Don’t
- Liberty’s Spirit – We The People
- Simply Jews – Yes, President Morsi Is Jewish
- The Noisy Room – It’s “Not An Invasion,” If We Think They Belong Here
- Joshuapundit– An Update On The Zimmerman Trial
- The Political Commentator – Iran and the U.S. Commander-in-Competent!
- The Mellow Jihadi – Sexual Assault and Harassment in the United States Navy
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Egypt’s Next Revolution
- The Right Planet – Strategem for Republicans: On the Issue of Issues
- Rhymes With Right – My One And Only Comment On The Abortion Law Debate In Texas
- VA Right! – Va Governor Bob McDonnell Billing State for Sunscreen, Dog Vitamins and Colon Detox Cleanser
- The Glittering Eye –VRA Now, VRA Tomorrow, VRA Forever
- The Razor – Why a Supporter of Gay Marriage Isn’t Happy with the Supreme Court Decision on Gay Marriage
- Bookworm Room – Marriage’s open frontiers in America
- Nice Debs – Why Do Republicans Want To Prop Up A Scandal Plagued President?
- Ask Marion – Freedom Party or GOP Overhaul… You Be the Judge
- Maggie’s Notebook – Amina Sboui Tyler Trial July 4: FEMEN Topless Protests – In a Mosque: My Body Not Your Honor – Topless Jihad Day
- The Pirate’s Cove – Obama Calls For “Calm” In Egypt While Offering Toast To Tanzanian Dictator
- Douglas Ernst – Matt Lauer grills Paula Deen over the N-word, NSA listens, laughs submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Melanie Phillips – A Hysterical and Ignorant Response submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Barry Rubin – As Slander and Hatred Mount: Where is the Rallying for Israel? submitted by Simply Jews
- Claire Lopez/Gatestone Institute –U.S. Keeps Joining the Forces of Jihad submitted by The Noisy Room
- Roger L. Simon – Is America in a Pre-Revolutionary State this July 4th? submitted by Joshuapundit
- Emet m’Tsiyon –Obama’s Hero, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, an enemy of the Jews & Holocaust Facilitator submitted by The Political Commentator
- Maggie’s Farm –What could have beens in Vietnam submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- The Compass – America’s terorrism Strategy Makes No Sense submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Victor Davis Hanson – Liberal Apartheid submitted by The Right Planet
- TF Stern’s Rantings – They Chose…Poorly submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Right Scoop – FANTASTIC: Mark Levin asks what if Boehner gave a Lincolnesque speech on Obamacare like this? submitted by VA Right!
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Zimmerman Update — How Much Injury Is Required Before Self-Defense is Justified? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Michael Totten –Bluffing In Cairo submitted by The Razor
- Charlie Martin/PJ Lifestyle–Can We Actually Even Tell if Humans Are Affecting the Climate? submitted by Bookworm Room
- Andrew Malcolm, IBD –The disturbing pattern: Obama rids America’s military of yet another top general submitted by Nice Debs
- Mark Steyn – The Simulacrum of Self-Government submitted by The Watcher
- Bruce Bawer/FrontPage – If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em? submitted by Watcher