Congrats to Terresa for helping to expose the Marxian Common Core Federal Ed Standards in this week’s Watcher’s Council win!
Stop Common Core: http://stopcommoncore.com/
Hoosiers Against Common Core: http://hoosiersagainstcommoncore.com/
Alea iacta est… the Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
Ah, the problem of education and the Left… or as Progressive icon Adolf Hitler once said, “Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state.”
This week’s winner, The Noisy Room’s Marxism in Education – The Infiltration of Our School Systems by the Common Core Standards, takes a sharp look at what the Left and the teacher’s unions are doing to our children labeled as ‘education.’ Here’s a slice:
Today, I caught Glenn Beck on The Blaze and his excellent showcasing of Obama’s Common Core Standards that are now in 45 states, including my state of Idaho. Common Core is Marxism for children. It is state run propaganda and is meant to dumb down and control our little ones. It is evil and it has been a long time coming. Obama pushed it through slyly and quickly after coming into office, but I can tell you, this has been brewing since at least the 1990s.
A little background… When my children were in school in the 1990s, my husband and I requested to see the school curriculum for their school in Las Vegas, Nevada. We were refused and basically told we were too dumb to understand what the teachers were instructing our son and daughter in. The last straw came when they wanted to put my daughter in the second grade on Ritalin instead of disciplining her. I was pulled in front of four teachers and accused of not raising my daughter correctly, as well as basically being an abusive and stupid parent. I promptly told these teachers that they could pound sand and pulled our children (our son was in third grade at the time) out of school that very same day. I left the Fortune 500 and home schooled both of them till high school and in retrospect, should have kept them out even then. My children could not do the simplest of math or read when we pulled them out. I tested them and started them all over again with the ABEKA home schooling system, which at the time, cost a great deal of money. The children were tested by the state within a week of being pulled out and because they could not read or do math, the state threatened to remove our children, even though it was their damn lack of teaching that had produced this. Well, we knuckled down and by the end of the following year, both kids were excellent readers and were caught up in math. I never heard from the state again. My son went on to be a gifted software developer and although my daughter is still trying to find her way in the world, she is a talented artist and a survivor. Now on to the present matter at hand.
My friend and fellow blogger Michelle Malkin has done a set of four in-depth articles on reporting on the Common Core Standards as well as additional pieces providing more information. Her work is very well done. Before her write-ups, I would wager most parents had never heard of Common Core. There are now many teachers who are quitting and/or standing up against this Progressive travesty that is intent on corrupting our schools and students.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Mark Steyn with An unstable truce with the Axis of Crazy submitted by The Noisy Room. In this one, Steyn takes on some of the more ridiculous aspects of our current foreign policy bufooonery – only it’s unfortunately no joke.
Okay, here are this week’s full results. Simply Jews and Bookworm Room were unable to vote this week, but neither was subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty for not voting.
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – The Noisy Room – Marxism in Education – The Infiltration of Our School Systems by the Common Core Standards
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – The Right Planet – Draconian Gun Laws Creating Black Market
- Third place with 2 votes – The Razor – The EU: Stealing From The Poor And Giving To The Rich
- Fourth place with 1 2/3 votes – Rhymes With Right – Many Shocked To Find Out Pope Francis Is, In Fact, Catholic
- Fifth place with 1 1/3 vote – Joshuapundit – ‘Killing Jews Is Worship’ Ad Campaign Rolled Out On SF Muni Buses
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Mellow Jihadi – Iran Launches Destroyer
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room – At CPAC, Dr. Ben Carson comes out swinging against President Obama
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! – Do Republicans Even Deserve to be a Majority Party Any Longer?
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Mark Steyn – An unstable truce with the Axis of Crazy submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place with 2 votes – Big Jolly Politics – Inside the Mind of a Black Conservative submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Sarah Palin – Governor Sarah Palin’s Speech At CPAC 2013 submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes – Zero Hedge – Cyprus: The World’s Biggest “Poker Game” submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fifth place with 1 vote – Zen Pundit – CENTCOM, Rosenberg and Islamic eschatology, pt I submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Selwyn Duke/Canada Free Press – Why the NRA is Right about Hollywood submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Flashpoints/The Diplomat – Could the U.S. Navy Blockade China? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Delaware Libertarian – The expansion of libertarianism into the mainstream… submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – Babalu Blog – Cuban political prisoners and torture victims humbly invite Yoani Sanchez for a chat submitted by The Razor
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Commentator – Once and for all: The leftist origins of National Socialism submitted by The Watcher
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in… don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that!