NOTE: To all bloggers and journalists: Stop using the term “assault weapons.” The whole term “assault weapon” was introduced in “gun control” legislation introduced by the likes of Dianne Feinstein and fellow anti-Second Amendment zealot Congressman Chuck Schumer et al. It is a contrived and redundant term used by anti-gun rights democrats to describe a military-grade, service-issue, select-fire, semi-auto/full-auto weapon like the U.S. military’s standard-issue M-16 rifle. These firearms are already well-regulated as “restricted” Class 3 weapons and can only be purchased by individuals with the proper federal firearms licensing (FFL).
By the way, since most in the media insist on displaying their complete ignorance concerning the technical aspects of firearms, here’s an important distinction that gun experts and armorers make when it comes to guns: the term “firearms” is used to describe guns that are legal for civilians to own without proper FFL—namely, semi-automatic (one shot for each trigger pull) and single-shot guns. The term “weapon” is used to describe guns that are considered “restricted” (Class 3), such as the U.S. military would employ.
So, in effect, what the Democrats are attempting to do is make legal firearms like the AR-15 rifle a “restricted weapon,” and eventually ban them altogether via incremental legislation that constantly redefines what an alleged “assault weapon” is supposed to be. The dems are attacking from all directions as well–from stiff taxes on ammo, to limiting magazine capacity, and even banning handguns outright. It is an utterly brazen attempt to redefine what it means to “bear arms.”
Massachusetts State Representative David Linsky has filed a new bill that would force gun owners to undergo mental health background checks, pay an additional 25% tax on all forms of ammunition, and require firearms categorized as “assault weapons” to be stored outside of their homes at government approved sites.
Make no mistake about it. What the president and the democrats are doing by their full-on assault on American’s right to bear arms is disgusting, in light of the fact that they are exploiting the emotion, trauma and drama of a horrific crime to further their political agenda and war on guns. This is a direct attack on the Bill of Rights itself. Which sounds like a good topic for another article.
h/t: Gateway Pundit
- What Is An ‘Assault Rifle’? – You’ve Probably Been Lied To [Video]
- The ‘Fully-Auto, Military-Style, Assault Weapon’ Meme
- Reality Check: Are Calls for Stricter Gun Laws Really About Guns? [Video]
- 5 Facts About Guns, Schools, And Violence [Video]
- The AR-15: The Gun Liberals Love to Hate
- Everybody Run! Chuck Schumer Has a Gun!
- Video: The History of Gun Control – FULL LENGTH
- You Know You’re a GUN CONTROL HYPOCRITE IF … [Video]
- Concealed Carry + Mass Shooting = More Carnage? [Video]
- ‘Gun Control Fails,’ Say Statistics from … Gun-Control Advocates
- Amendment to Healthcare Bill Forbids Gun and Ammo Registration
- Forget Bans; Where Are My Constitutionally-Protected Suppressed Machine Guns?
- Private Citizen, BEWARE!
- OoraH! … Shall Not Be Infringed!
- Don’t Give Obama What He Wants!
- Muskets: Morgan v. Roth
- Walter Williams: Americans Misunderstand Point of the Second Amendment
- Anti-Gun Zealot Chuck Schumer Asks Retailers for Moratorium on Gun Sales
- Tank Girl Dana Loesch Takes on Piers Morgan [Video]
- Today’s History Lesson: Stalin’s Gun Control Methods Worked [Video]
- VP Biden Says Obama May Use ‘Executive Action’ to Restrict 2nd Amendment [Video]
- Russian Paper Warns Americans to ‘Never Give Up Your Guns’
- Mister So Small on Guns
- What Happened When Guns Were Banned in Australia?