Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Governor Scott Walker and Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, of course. And humbly, to the memory of Torpedo Squadron 8 and the men of Pont Du Hoc, who helped turn the tide.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Right Planet – Memorial Day Tribute: My Granddad
- The Noisy Room – Silencing the Clarions
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The times — they are a changin’
- Joshuapundit–Obama: ‘Some Of My Best Friends Are Jews’
- The Independent Sentinel – The President Is Leaking Top Secret Information to Improve His Re-election Chances
- Simply Jews – Ali Larijani threatens Israel, lost in translation again
- The Political Commentator – Finally, something intelligent out of the mouth of John Rocker!
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Midway
- Gay Patriot – Media Silence on Liberal Intolerance of Gay Conservatives
- Rhymes With Right – Some Interesting Questions On A Football Scholarship
- Bookworm Room – Entropy is setting in and Obama will lose this election
- The Razor – Playing the Victim Card: Students And the Student Loan Debt
- VA Right! – Radicals, Revolution and the Virginia Republican Primary
- The Glittering Eye –Infrastructure
- The Mellow Jihadi – Peril At Sea
- Right Truth – Naive No More
- Pirates Cove – Wisconsin Democrats Forgot Exactly What The Recall Effort Is About
- Ask Marion – The Choice: Mitt Romney or Barack Obama
- George C. Gross – A Train Near Magdeburg submitted by The Right Planet
- Sultan Knish –The State at the End of the Universe submitted by The Noisy Room
- The New Criterion – Future tense, XI: The lessons of culture submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Tablet – Obama’s Historical Chutzpah submitted by Joshuapundit
- Yid With Lid – The Socialist Rabbi Who Taught Obama About Israel submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The Contentious Centrist – The Mos Eisley Spaceport submitted by Simply Jews
- Maggie’s Notebook –Don’t vote for the Jew submitted by The Political Commentator
- Kings Of War – The End of Western Military Interventionism? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Enterprise Blog –The 7 scariest facts from the new CBO long-term budget forecast submitted by Gay Patriot
- Newsbusters – Schieffer Calls His Anti-Reagan Book ?Accurate,? But Admits ?It Is Not Entirely True? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- PJ Tatler/Zombie –I Just Heard the N-Word 30,000 Times (content warning) submitted by Bookworm Room
- Gates Of Vienna –Whose Country? submitted by The Razor
- Doug Ross – Hey, don’t worry about the Dept. of Injustice interfering in Wisconsin’s election: John Boehner just put Eric Holder on ‘Double Secret Probation’ submitted by VA Right!
- Kausfiles – Notes On Wisconsin submitted by The Glittering Eye
- WSJ – The Wisconsin Recall Stakes submitted by The Watcher
- Campus Watch – UC Berkeley and the ‘Islamophobia’ Lobby submitted by The Watcher