(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – U.S. Representative Martha Roby announced the launch of her newly designed congressional website that includes a number of groundbreaking features to make it even easier for area residents to communicate with their representative in Congress.
The updated format provides Roby’s constituents immediate access to information about legislation in Congress, timely updates on issues under debate in Washington, and convenient ways to request help when interacting with the federal government. The website is located at www.roby.house.gov.
The site features a clean, easy to navigate layout, and is one of the first in Congress to fully integrate a member’s official web site with social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube—a feature that allows real time updates across a range of media platforms.
Roby said that she was excited that her new online office will make it easier for constituents to stay informed on the big issues.
“It’s my job to listen closely to my constituents, and this web site is a tool to facilitate that conversation. It will make it easier for residents in our area to contact me, share their ideas and concerns, and offer suggestions,” Roby said. “I always tell my constituents that I want to know how they feel on an issue before I vote, not after. My staff and I work for you, and we benefit from every opportunity to hear from you and learn about how federal legislation impacts the people of Alabama’s Second Congressional District.”
Through the web site, visitors can:
- Watch videos of Rep. Roby’s participation in the Armed Services, Agriculture, and Education and the Workforce Committees,
- Check Facebook and Twitter for up-to-the minute updates,
- Submit a comment, suggestion, or concern via email to Roby’s Washington office,
- Arrange tours of the U.S. Capitol and other historic Washington landmarks,
- Follow Roby’s visits with local civic organizations, small businesses, and
- Request assistance for help with the Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, and other federal agencies, and
- Check out recent press releases and news clips.
Roby’s website is just one way to communicate with the representative. Since taking office in January of 2011, Roby has maintained local offices in Andalusia, Dothan, and Montgomery, each of which is open full time to the public and staffed with a Constituent Services Representative available to assist area residents.
Additionally, Roby’s Capitol Hill office is located in Room 414 of the Cannon House Office Building in Washington, D.C. The office can be reached at (202) 225-2901.